Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Hard Work Pays Off

I've just gotten the job offer that I wanted. Hooray! It's exciting to be joining a company that I'm excited about and doing work that challenges me.

I'm a little worried though . . . today someone on my team told me that old joke about heaven and hell. The job applicant dies in the middle of the interview. She goes to heaven, and St. Peter decides to offer a choice between heaven and hell. So the applicant checks out heaven and thinks it's okay. Then she checks out hell where they're having a great party. She chooses hell, but when she goes back it's all fire and brimstone. "What's up?" she asks. "Yesterday you were a freelancer, today you're an employee."

Hmm, I wonder when my start date is.

All kidding aside, I'm really thrilled to be on this path.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com