Friday, July 29, 2005

CTS

CTS is the the code for "offer accepted" on a listing in the Multiple Listing Service. As in "I put in an offer on a condo and my Realtor called me Thursday to tell me that the seller has changed the status on the listing to CTS."

I'm going to be a homeowner!! It makes a great brithday present for myself, doesn't it?

It's a little scary, because the longest I've lived in one place is three and a half years, and that was during college. Buying a home feels so stable. But the good news is that my commute to work will go from about three hours a day to about fifteen minutes a day. You can bet I'm doing the happy dance over that!

Of course, there's still lots of stuff that has to happen before the place is actually MINE. I have to get the inspection, I have to review the condo docs, I have to have my attorney review the contract. Oh, and then I have to get a bank to lend me the money. Details, details.

By lucky happenstance, my parents are here this week (to celebrate my birthday), so they get to see the new place, and my dad can even be there for the inspection, which definitely makes it all a little less scary.

And my lovely brother said that he's getting me a doormat. My choice: Your Home or You're Home. Isn't he sweet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com