Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Instant Customer Service: just add Twitter

It's happened to me twice now. I've Tweeted about a product or service and gotten an almost instant response from the company in question. Clearly, companies are setting up monitors to watch for anything being said about them. A month ago or so I asked for recommendations for a program to clean up iTunes because my experience with TuneUp was "meh." And a few days ago, I tweeted that Boingo was down in JFK Terminal 1 when I was in the airport and wasn't able to connect to WiFi. In both cases, someone monitoring Twitter replied to my Tweet with an apology and a request for more information.

I think this is one of the coolest things about the Twitter platform. I wouldn't have contacted either company. I didn't have any complaints or problems, I was just mentioning, to my followers and the world in general, what my experience had been. It's like I mentioned to someone at a cocktail party that my shoes were a little uncomfortable and someone from Steve Madden walked up and said "Sorry to hear that, can you tell me more?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com