Tuesday, February 8, 2005

The Chronicles of Narnia

I'm listening to the Chronicles of Narnia one by one as I drive to work. When I was a kid, these were my favorite books, and I read them over and over again. They still hold their magic for me. The other worlds, the challenges of good versus evil, the struggle to do the right thing, the adventures that don't always go the way you planned. Hmm, kind of sounds like a typical day in New York.

This morning I was trying to remember the names of all seven books. Here's what I came up with (I promise I'm not cheating):

  • The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

  • The Magician's Nephew

  • Prince Caspian

  • The Silver Chair

  • The Horse and his Boy

  • The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I'm missing one (I'm cheating to get this one):
  • The Last Battle

Of course.

I think my favorite is The Horse and His Boy. I haven't read it for years, but I remember loving it. If I remember correctly, the main characters (Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy) from the other books aren't featured in it. Also, there's a princess and an escape and . . . I don't remember everything. I guess it's time to read it again. Or listen to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com