Saturday, February 26, 2005

Matchstick Men

Trailer

I have HBO on Demand, which is about the greatest invention ever. I never, ever rent movies. In fact, I don't even have any kind of video store membership. But once in a while, it's great to sit down to watch something that starts when you want to watch it. Enter HBO on Demand.

I picked Matchstick Men out of the list on HBO and was pleasantly surprised. It was a little slow for me at first, and I'm not the biggest Nick Cage fan, but the story became more interesting, and Cage was very good in this movie. He plays a neurotic con man who finds out that he has a fourteen-year-old daughter. She impacts his life dramatically . . . but not in a sappy way. And watch out for the twist at the end. I love it when movies surprise me.

Definitely worth watching.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com