Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Shoe and Tell

I went shoe shopping this weekend. Actually, you could say I went on a shoe binge. But I NEEDED every single one of the eight pairs. Seriously.

I've realized that the my problem with shoes has deep roots in my childhood. I always thought it was "Shoe and Tell." Of course, I wondered why nobody else talked about their shoes.

My new shoes:

  • Brown leather pointy-toed, skinny-silver-heeled knee-high boots. I have been looking for these boots for over a year, and at last I have found them!

  • Black leather pointy-toed, skinny-heeled knee-high boots with a kind of fold over flap at the top. Okay, so yes, I do already have a pair of black pointy-toed, skinny-heeled knee-high boots, but these are TOTALLY different. (The heel is much lower! And did I mention they have a kind of fold over flap at the top?)

  • Pink tweedy pointy-toed slingbacks with silver buttons. Very cute, springy, girly, but the tweedy texture makes them okay for the cold, which is good since I wore them yesterday.

  • Camel pointy-toed slingbacks with black trim. Very nice with camel trousers. A cute update for work shoes.

  • Ballet-pink leather moccasins. They're very preppy, which I'm not, in general. But I love them. They seem very North Shore. And comfy.

  • Black mesh sequined slides. Preparing for summer. This is actually the first pair of these shoes I have owned.

  • Black high-heeled open-toed pumps with lace overlay. They're not regular open-toe, the whole front of the shoes are open.

  • Black strappy sandals with rhinestones. One of these black pairs are to go with the dress I'm wearing to my brother's wedding. The rejects may get returned, unless I can justify their existence in my shoe closet.


Judging by the size of my shoe closet, I don't have that much trouble justifying the existence of many pairs of shoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com